Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . October 7, 2014

Outside my window . . . it is wet, gray, and cloudy.

I am thinking . . . I am ready for the ragweed to die around here. So tired of having "the river of drainage" in my throat.

I am thankful . . . for my my hubby's safe return from Malaysia. He had a really good trip, with many opportunities to help others.

In the kitchen . . . last night was teriyaki grilled chicken, mixed veggies, and new potatoes. Not sure about tonight, maybe spaghetti.

I am wearing . . . a cotton gown and my parrot shawl

I am creating . . . well mostly I am mending right now. Repairing a quilt for my sister in law, and hemming some pants for one of Sam's friends.

I am going . . . to therapy and then to see my bestie for a bit today.

I am wondering . . . about depression and its cyclical nature.

I am reading . . . The Firm by John Grisham. I recently watched the movie again and it got me interested in rereading the book.

I am looking forward to . . . time to catch up with Alan as we drive on Wednesday and Thursday.

I am hearing . . . quiet as the dogs are napping, Sam is showering, and there is a light rain outside.

Around the house . . . I'm helping Alan get unpacked for the trip to Malaysia, and trying to strike order in a few places that have gotten out of control lately. 

I am praying . . . for understanding and God's guidance in this phase of my life.

One of my favorite things . . . is having opportunities to serve and help others. I'm just not very good at seeking out those opportunities.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . I'll be chauffeuring Alan to a business trip Wednesday and Thursday, and the boys are hoping to go rock climbing this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
the lovely tea set Alan brought me from Malaysia




linking up with The Simple Woman and 31 Days of Writing





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tea set. And a drizzly day is perfect for tea ! :-) I am so relieved to hear that others have areas that get out of control. I often feel like I must be the only one~ :-) Have a great week ! Blessings , Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, let me say how I love your page's picture at the very top. So cute and whimsical. That teapot if gorgeous! What a beautiful gift from your hubby. Keep God close when you feel depression looming and find the joy of serving others. You will forget about your own hurts as you do. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.