Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . October 14, 2014

Outside my window . . . everything is soaked from heavy rain over night. The sky is mostly blue with a few gray clouds still passing over.

I am thinking . . . about this quote (again):

Reframe self-care not as a selfish act
but rather as a valuable and necessary 
step in providing proper care to others.

I am thankful . . . that Alan and Sam had a fun and safe climbing trip over the weekend, and that they came home early to avoid the worst of the bad weather.

In the kitchen . . . we had pancakes and bacon last night. When dinner time rolled around it was just Alan and me. Later Sam and his friend came, and the first words from his mouth were, "Did you have breakfast for dinner?" So I made more pancakes!

I am wearing . . . lounge pants and a giant t-shirt (can you tell I need to do laundry?)

I am creating . . . almost done with the mending and then it's back to Presents with a Purpose.

I am going . . . to therapy and then to see my bestie for a bit today.

I am wondering . . . about dreams and how they can implant so firmly that it takes a while to shake them off in the morning. Had one of those random, wind-y dreams this morning that left me feeling as if I were in trouble and it's taking some effort to come out of it.

I am reading . . . The Firm by John Grisham. It's a better read the second time around because I'm not so stressed since I know how it ends. I'm enjoying the book much more this time.

I am looking forward to . . . a calmer ending to the this week than last week.

I am hearing . . . quiet as usual. The dogs are wandering a bit this morning. Sam is still on fall break, so no noise from his room as of yet.

Around the house . . . I'm getting ready for the delivery of my new Hoosier. Got to figure out the exact logistics of some furniture rearranging, but it should be fun incorporating my new "old" piece into the house.

I am praying . . . for peace.

One of my favorite things . . . is completing a task to my own satisfaction. I'm a procrastinating perfectionist. If I do something the way I think it should be done it will be very well done. I often postpone simple tasks for fear of not be perfect, though.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . seeing my bestie today, and tea with another friend tomorrow. Precept Bible class on Thursday. A friend is being featured on a local TV show Thursday night (Tennessee Crossroads/R. E. Proctor) so I want to make sure and see that. Friday is clear! Woot! Woot! Saturday my sister in law is coming over to clean again (OCD relatives can be fun!), and then Sunday it's back to church with Alan for the first time in at least 3 weeks.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
Steve shared my scones on Saturday since I was all alone




linking up with The Simple Woman and 31 Days of Writing



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.