Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook -- November 2nd

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is STILL pitch black! I am ready for the time change.

I am thinking...about how busy the last week has been. I haven't felt as if I've had the time to do any of the usual stuff. Home from vacation, dd is home, a sick doggie who had to have surgery and is still requiring extra trips to the vet -- Calgon take me away! (But I still don't have a bathtub!)

I am thankful for...that dd is home and apparently doing so well! She has a job interview later today.

From the learning rooms...we met with ds' history teacher last week. I had him for history when I was in high school, so it was lovely to see him. He admitted he doesn't teach like he used to, mores the pity! He really should have moved on to university teaching, so it looks like it's going to be a really long year for ds and history!

From the kitchen...freezer bread just came out of the oven for breakfast.

I am wearing...my winter gown and my summer robe! It might be time to start swapping out the clothes officially!

I am creating...a rosary to complete an order for my Etsy store, and then I'm making fleece ponchos for dd and me to wear on our autumn trip to Pickett Park.

I am going...to the doctor today. Blech! Going to talk about "female" troubles and see if she has any plausible suggestions.

I am reading...The Feast by Josh Graves. It is wonderful!

I am hoping...to be able to slow down a bit and clarify what I really want to be doing with my time. I feel as if I am a leaf being pushed along by a strong autumn wind!

I am hearing...silence -- which would normally be lovely, except ds is supposed to be getting ready for school.

Around the house...the laundry (and ironing) are calling my name.

One of my favorite things...is the smell of autumn leaves! Dd and I have been walking the dogs together and we both enjoy the smell of sugar maple leaves and pine needles mingling in the cool autumn air.

A few plans for the rest of the week...slowing down! I need more time to think than I have been getting lately, so I am making a deliberate effort to allow more quiet in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your daybook...there was just a sense of serenity about it even when you described yourself as a leaf being tossed in the wind...I think we all have hectic schedules sometimes and long for solitude..I hope you can find a little time for yourself now and then, this week.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.