Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday -- November 18, 2010

Today is Thankful Thursday and here is my list:


1. Once again my dh tops the list. Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment that's was especially difficult for me. When I came out of the exam room, the receptionist told me my dh was waiting for me in the waiting room! He had left work early and came to be there for me. It really helped a lot. I had a little cry on his shoulder and then he took me to Starbucks for hot apple cider.


2. The ladies in my Beth Moore class are next on my list. Class was last night, and even though I wasn't prepared, they welcomed me with open arms and allowed me to share some difficulties. One lovely lady stayed after and prayed with me.


3. My ds who ordered pizzas for dinner and shared his dessert pizza with me since I'd had a rough day! He singled me out for extra attention without even being asked!


4. This quote that came in my email a couple of days ago: 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' A good reminder any time, but especially during the tough times.


5. Finally, a reminder that the holidays aren't Norman Rockwell-esque for most people. That's just advertising! Some people are blessed with family that are friends as well; others are blessed with friends that are family as well. I will make the most of the people God brings into my life!


Have a blessed and thankful Thursday! 


Check out Women Taking a Stand for more sharing of gratitude.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful list of thankfulness. It sounds like you have a wonderful family! Thanks so much for sharing the reminder and the quote! Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I thought of you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy TT! I loved your list of thanks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! Glad your husband and son were there for you as well as some awesome friends. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.