Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- November 9th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is cool and clear. The chickadees are enjoying the seeds in the bird feeder. The doves have moved on from cleaning up the seeds dropped on the ground.

I am thinking...about what is really important for the upcoming holiday season. I really want this season to be calmer. More about people and feelings, than about stuff.

I am thankful for...having everyone under one roof and all getting along so well. It is a blessing!

From the learning rooms...a paper on Davy Crockett; watching movie adaptations of Frankenstein; German; and ACT prep (again!).

From the kitchen...a fresh batch of homemade hot chocolate mix and plans for more pumpkin bread. Also the first batch of Teddy Bear mix for our weekend family get away.

I am wearing...my summer weight robe. Does anyone see a problem with this? I do! I have no winter weight robe.

I am creating...new prayer strands and rosaries. I hope to be posting new ones soon on my Etsy store.

I am going...to physical therapy, and then spending the afternoon with my bf, LB.

I am reading...The Feast and Stalin's Ghost.

I am hoping...for a good day with productivity, rest and quiet time.

I am hearing...quiet, which is lovely.

Around the house...things are coming together bit by bit. Dh has begun painting in the remodeled bathroom.

One of my favorite things...is feeling at peace. Things have been hectic for the past several weeks, but I think (hope) we are returning to a more peaceful routine around here.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a doctor's appt that I'm not looking forward to. Two Bible studies this week, and more crafting I hope.

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing...



New prayer beads for the shop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.