Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Ultimate Thankful Thursday -- November 25th






So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Col. 2:6-7


There is much to be thankful for today, and I am so happy that we are given a day to show our gratitude to God and all the people who we are thankful to and for.

1. I am thankful to live in a country where I can worship without fear of retribution. I know that our nation is struggling with issues, but I also know that we are blessed beyond our own imagining.

2. I am thankful for my family. We are a family unit of four. Yes we have our ups and downs, but the constant is this: We all love each other and are there for each other. 

3. I am thankful for my new church home. I have been so blessed in our new congregation. I have found openness, acceptance, accountability, and above all else, a true hunger for the word of God. 

4. I am thankful for old and new friends who embrace me and my needs with such kindness, love and compassion. Monday breakfast with 2 wonderful women who have taken me into their friendship so graciously. Lunch on Wednesday with my best friend for the past 33 (!?!) years. To have people (especially women) who love God and me, and are so willing to listen and support, is a blessing of immeasurable proportions.

5. Finally, and not really last, but rather above all others, I am thankful of my God and Father. The amazing gift of creation. The amazing gift of His eternal love. The amazing gift of His son as a sacrifice for ME! The amazing gift of salvation. The amazing gift and realization that He says, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (I Peter 5:6-8). 


Wishing all of you a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!


Check out Women Taking a Stand for more sharing of gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! Such a great list. Hope your Thankful Thursday/Thanksgiving was great. Mine sure was!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.