Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday -- November 11, 2010


So it's Thankful Thursday again and I'm struggling to come up with my list this morning. It's not that I'm not grateful. It's more about not feeling well. 

I have been having "female" troubles (as my grandmother would've said) for the past several months. Last week I gave in and went to the doctor about it. Given my history, the idea of this kind of exam makes me anxious. I spoke with my primary care physician last week, and knowing my history she suggested I go straight to the gynecologist. Blech! 

It so happens that the ob/gyn practice in her building is owned by a friend of mine from high school. These doctors delivered my babies (you know the ones that are 20 and 17 respectively!) so I do have a previous relationship with them. I went across the hall and asked the receptionist if I could have a word with Dr. "X" as I was an old friend of his. She looked pretty skeptical, but took my name and went to check with the doctor. In a few minutes she came back, all smiles, and said I could wait in his office. (I guess she hears that kind of thing all the time.) So I went to wait in the office. I decided I would feel better just laying the PTSD and abuse on the table right up front. 

When he came in, I explained the medical reason for my visit, and then dumped the emotional issues on him. He is also my best friend's gyn. He offered for her to come with me to the exam (I just may take him up on it!). I think it's going to be okay and I'd really like to get this taken care of. 

I was supposed to see him today, BUT Aunt Flow showed up yesterday -- of course! So the appointment's been changed to next Wednesday. I feel like crap, but at least I set the appointment. I hope to be feeling better for the weekend, and then get this appointment behind me. In a long-winded way I guess I'm saying that I'm thankful for having taken control of a situation that I needed to handle, and working on making my life better.


May your Thankful Thursday be full of blessings. Check out Women Taking a Stand for more sharing of gratitude.

3 comments:

  1. You're in my prayers for health, wellness, and healing. Nice to meet you this Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of like you. Whenever I suspect something might need medical attention, I go into denial or try to convince myself that it's all in my head. I put off seeing the doctor until I feel like there are absolutely NO other options! But I always feel so much better once I've got someone looking after me. I think the same will happen for you. And it sounds like you've got a wonderful, caring doctor, which is another thing to be very thankful for!

    All the best as you wait just a little longer. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you. I pray this gets resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.