Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Made by You Monday -- Sweet September in Parrot

This has been my go to shawl since I completed it this past August. I have always had an affinity for shawls, and this yarn was so colorful that I knew I had to have something made from it. I have worn this shawl around the house, out running errands, to church, and out to dinner. Everywhere I go, I get compliments on it.

I used April Draven's scarf pattern and enlarged it until I was happy with the size. I assume I used a size I/9 (5.5 mm) hook as that is what the yarn recommends, but I don't actually remember. Mine is about 65 rows, and measures 72" x 36". I used Deborah Norville Collection Everyday Print Yarn Parrot in 100% acrylic. I think I used 6 or 7 skeins, but this was an early project, before I learned to make notes!

Thank you to April Draven for providing this free pattern. Please honor her requests to use for personal use only. The pattern is available here. Make sure you look around at April's site, as she has lots of really nice ideas and patterns.


link up at Skip to My Lou

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.