Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday #5

I've had a couple of epiphanies this past week. They've been a long time coming, so I'm trying to just be grateful for getting here, while not beating myself up about how long it's taken.

I was diagnosed almost 11 years ago with post traumatic stress disorder. Since that diagnosis, I have worked constantly on processing and reprocessing information to get myself reorganized mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. 

A few weeks ago I discontinued a relationship that was really painful for me. I have struggled with this decision for years, but I finally realized I had to have a break. Since breaking off communication with these people, I suddenly find myself happier, with more energy, and suddenly being able to do things just because I want to do them. 

It was pointed out to me recently that the change is the result of recognizing my value as a human being. By taking the stand for myself, I suddenly really see that I am valuable. That I am deserving of respect  from others as well as from myself.

This was a big event for me. I am really working on savoring this new sensation and recognizing it as a good thing. It's going to take a little time to get comfortable with this realization, but that's okay. I'm worth it.

Thanks be to God for realizations and growth.

link up at Grace Alone

3 comments:

  1. i've experienced the same thing last 2007. i hear you when you say you thank God for realization. amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to let go of relationships; even when it is hard. I am glad that you were able to step forward into a new future.

    Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

    Love & peace,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.