Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . February 7, 2012

Outside my window . . . it's 30 degrees this morning. The grass is covered with frost and the bird bath is frozen over. I kind of like it.


I am thinking . . . about the English Country Dancing class I went to last night. Dh found out about it from a mutual friend and kind of dragged me to it. The class was actually quite fun, and we met some nice people.


I am thankful . . . for clean sheets on my bed and relatively peaceful sleep.

In the kitchen . . . Sunday I made a big batch of 4 Bean Enchiladas. We've been eating them since. I'm not sure for tonight. I am waiting for inspiration.

I am wearing . . . a comfy t-shirt gown and my flannel robe. I need to be getting ready for yoga class, but it's looking more like yoga at home today.

I am creating . . . a round rug to go beside my bed. I've been wanting to try one of these for a while. Dh thinks I'll never finish it, but I think it's coming along nicely.



I am going . . . . to do yoga, finish the laundry, and do a little housework. 

I am wondering . . . about relationships. I got an email yesterday that I believe was intended for good, but just left me feeling cold and hurt. I'm not sure what to do with it, so I am contemplating.

I am reading . . . A Drowned Maiden's Hair: A Melodrama by Laura Amy Schlitz.
I am hoping . . . to see my bff, Linda, today. We have a day planned together, but she texted me last night that she had "puny" kids.

I am looking forward to . . . getting back to quilting. I finally have a better set up to do machine quilting and I'm hoping to get started this week.

I am hearing . . . nothing but quiet. The kids have left for school. The dogs are settled on their bed.


Around the house . . . I am feeling that things are coming together. I seem to have more interest and energy in caring for the house since making a change in a relationship a few weeks ago. It is interesting to me what an impact that has had.

I am pondering . . . . relationships and how they must develop and change. A stagnating relationship is no relationship at all.

One of my favorite things . . . is order. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but getting my house in order makes getting my brain in order much easier.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . exercise, cleaning out my refrigerator (yuck!), therapy, Bible study, crocheting, and reading.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
this is my beloved Polly Agnes
you may read about her here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.