Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Invite -- Five Minute Friday

Write 31 Days Day #13

I invite God into my day every morning. Sometimes it's before I'm fully awake. Sometimes it's as I'm getting out of bed. Other days it's not until I make my tea, and some days it's not until something starts to go wrong in my day.

I don't live in a perfect world, and I certainly don't "do" live perfectly, but I try. And when I fail or things don't go well, I get up and try again.

Right now I'm learning about inviting people into my life in a real-life way. I've been a bit isolated for the past year or so. I'm not criticizing myself. Just stating the facts. I did what I needed to do to get through an incredibly trying time. It's not over and all better, but I am on the other side, I think.

It's time to start inviting new people into my life along with some people I haven't connected with in a while. I'm not sure what this is going to look like, but I do feel positive about the prospect.

So I'm thinking about options -- supper club, book club, game night, or just tea and cookies. Mostly I'm working on not overthinking it. 

Blessings!

linking up with Five Minute Friday





6 comments:

  1. I like what you've said here, Melanie. We all have times where we need to pull back - or sometimes it happens even when we don't want it to. But then that desire to reconnect comes to life again. I am sure you will find a way to do that that works for you and where you're at right now. Nice to connect with you here at FMF.

    Jeannie (next door to you at #50 in the linkup)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel' I'm not sure there is a right way or a wrong way to "do" what you are going through or the year of sequestered angst you just went through...but I will tell you this, I am delighted you've invited the Survivors back into your life. This is a good and healthy series and I'm proud of you. Been there/Done this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! As an introvert, I totally get the pulling back and need for isolation from time to time --especially to heal. But I am so excited that you are ready to re-enter and reconnect! Praying for fun and creative ways for you to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My world has become smaller since I retired. It is partially because I do not think to invite someone back to the house. Maybe I need to get better at that. I just moved to my dad's neighborhood. I will pray for you if you pray for me. Blessings Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I wrote to you, I wish you the best as you reach out. Blessings Diana.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.