Pages

Friday, October 6, 2017

Story -- Five Minute Friday

Write 31 Days Day #6

A good story is full of engaging characters, a solid plot line, and some juices plot twists, and unexpected shifts. I love reading a book and being completely caught off guard.

We talk about our lives as stories. It's less enjoyable when our lives shout, "Plot twist!" at us.

That's what mine did a couple of years ago. I was going along on my usual trajectory, thinking I knew what was coming. We were heading into empty nest, possible weddings, maybe grandchildren. A job shift and ultimately retirement when things went off the rails.

I can't really say I didn't see it coming. But I just kept believing it would get better. We'd get back on the track I saw -- together. That didn't happen.

So now I'm writing a new plot outline. I'm introducing new characters and uncovering aspects of my main character (me) that I didn't know existed. Or at least I'd forgotten about. 

I'm choosing to see the plot twist in my story as a good thing. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Blessings!


linking up with Five Minute Friday




4 comments:

  1. What a great attitude. Having a plot changes opens up new paths and often I keep trying to negotiate the dead end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello again melanie:) i got behind in my reading of your posts. today is catch-up day for me...in my writing and reading:) i love your positive outlook. i know it has to be difficult when some of the chapters in your story don't go as you planned. it has happened to me before and to some degree is happening right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what happens next for you either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a wonderful Savior that walks with us through the twists and turns in our life. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.