Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Deep and Stretchy Yoga

I love yoga classes. That being said, I sometimes have a hard time getting there. The realization of how much better I'll feel is a good motivator, though. Yesterday I got back to a class I really like, for the first time in nearly a month! The class is called Deep and Stretchy and is offered at my local yoga studio several times a week. I like it because it is relaxed and all about me! Here's the description of the class: Reduce aches and pains, prevent and heal injuries, enhance athletic performance, increase flexibility and range of motion. Restore and rehabilitate joints and muscles, prolong an active lifestyle, relieve tension associated with a busy, stressful lifestyle. Long, passive holds of 3-10 minutes, bringing you inward and helping to open the body. This class is appropriate for men and women of all ages, fitness and flexibility levels. Restore balance with this complement to your active practice, sports or other exercise. Absolute beginners to yoga are also welcome! 
Seriously, how can I NOT want to go to this class!


So for my FGF, I'm going back today! Yes the same class 2 days in a row. Just an added bonus is how much it helps relieve the memory pain I've been dealing with all week.


May you all find a Feel Good Friday that improves your life : )



5 comments:

  1. Mmm, that does sound nice!! If I had something like that around here, it might motivate me to go too.

    Stopping by from The Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I feel that way about our Bible study or prayer group sometimes. I know it's good for me and I always feel so much better when I'm there and with the ladies.

    Good for you going 2 days in a row!! You go girl!

    ~Mimi @ Woven by Words
    http://wovenbywords.blogspot.com/2010/08/feel-good-friday-my-daughters-dream-car.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and I started doing yoga last winter. It was fun to do together. Have a super time tonight!!!!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is wonderful but it reminded me of a really stupid thing a doctor once said to me. In case you don't know, but you probably do, my right side of my body is 95% paralyzed, can raise my arm a bit, but the tricep muscle is paralyzed so I usually whack myself in the face, hand is frozen into a fist. My left side is pretty good, just tingles a lot, I can walk very short distances dragging my left leg, and I fall down a lot, I mean a lot. This doctor told me I should try yoga to help my muscles and relieve tension. She said this to my face, she saw my body, when I fall I have to crawl to something to pull myself up or have my kids pick me up. I have no balance, yoga requires balance and the need to get down on the floor and get back up. I just looked at her and said"seriously". We left her office, me in a wheelchair and asked for our entire family's files to be sent to a different doctor, in an entirely different clinic. It;s ok to laugh, we sure did!!

    Sadly now the doctor we switched to, who is a wonderful man and doctor and has helped me manage my pain etc. is leaving. I am so afraid I will not be able to find another doctor who understands my needs, who will expect me to do yoga! :)

    Sorry for the long story!!
    Enjoy the yoga, I know it's good for most and help people to feel good.

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an idiot! Maybe you could do some limited chair yoga -- little or no standing required. It does help strengthen and stretch muscles,and I find it very helpful with stress, anxiety and pain management : )

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.