Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Feel Good Friday: How to turn a great week into a blah week, and back into a good week



So the week started out on a high. We celebrated our 25th anniversary on Monday. I felt really happy and proud. We got lots of nice comments. It really is quite an accomplishment in this day and age. Not only are we still married, we still like each other and are glad we're still married!

Tuesday is therapy day. We worked on another episode from my past. Good progress was made, but at the same time it opens up a lot of pain, fear and sadness. I focused on being kind to myself, doing deep breathing, and staying focused on the present for the rest of the day. Dh and I watched a movie together and snuggled on the sofa for the evening.

Wednesday morning dh left at 5:30 am for a business trip. I woke up a little before 5:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Stress about dh's trip and the work in therapy. Wednesday was not one of my better days. I did some writing, a lot of computer solitaire and had a nice dinner with ds.

Thursday I was still feeling down, but I did get some housework done, ran an errand for ds and made myself an omelet for dinner. Still had some pain from my back (intense yoga class on Monday!) and some pain from the abuse. I went to bed around 10:30, and dh woke me up for a kiss and a snuggle around 11:30. 

Friday is hopefully going to be better. Dh is home. Ds has lots of weekend plans. Deep & Stretchy yoga is later this morning. Dh told me to go to the YMCA and sit in the hot tub after yoga. Tonight is date night. 

I've come full circle (almost) as my week begins and ends with my dh, and the love and joy he brings to my life : )


5 comments:

  1. Glad things turned around. Aren't you glad it's the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratutions on your Anniversary. Praise God for all the great things he is doing and will keep doing in your life!

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your anniversary. I'm glad that your week got better and I'm sure will get better and better and better. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! Hubby and I have made it 27 years and still love each other although there are some days we don't like each other very much. lol Those days are few and far between THANK GOD!! Glad you turned your week around, enjoy your date night!!!!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when my husband goes out of town. Nothing seems quite right. I am glad your week turned around.

    Have fun on date night!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.