Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day of Gratitude

It's Thankful Thursday. As is often the case, I am glad for this opportunity to focus on gratitude. Yesterday was a rough day with pain and memories, and this morning has brought pain again. So it's a good time to focus on the good things in my life and remind myself that the abuse is in the past.

Today I am grateful for:

1. Pain medication that works.

2. My husband's sense of humor, and his safe travels yesterday through torrential rain.

3. Rain that we needed very badly. Wishing peace to those who got too much rain though.

4. Plans to see some friends in a play this weekend. It's always nice to go out to a show, but it doubles the fun when friends are on the stage!

5. While I am not grateful for the pain I am currently dealing with, I am grateful to be finally addressing and working through the abuse that causes the recurring pain. It is a hard path at times, but well worth it for the positive changes I have seen in my life.

Here's a picture of my "dream" garden:



Visit Women Taking a Stand for more lists of gratitude. I hope your day is filled with gratitude and love.

4 comments:

  1. Keep counting blessings and may your dream garden be yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord completely heal you and I know He will be with you as you address all these concerns.

    Love your dream garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust God our Healer! That's a beautiful garden! May your dream come true in having one just like that! I hope to have one like it too as soon as I figure out how to keep my plants alive and well.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.