Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday, August 3 -- A Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...my plants are looking hot and dry. We've been all over the board for weather this year. Snow and ice in the winter; flooding in May; extreme heat and no rain for most of the summer. I wonder what the fall will bring?

I am thinking...about order and motivation. I seem to think about these things a lot. I am blessed to be able to stay at home. My children are college and high school age, so they need me but not in the same way they did when they were younger. I have so many things I'd like to do, that I don't know WHAT to do and frequently do very little. How do you make good use of your free time?

I am thankful for...health; blessings; my home; my intellect; so many things that get lost in the daily rush of "doing".

From the learning rooms...still working on ACT prep; German II; and finishing up The Hobbit.

From the kitchen...not much activity this week, as dh is out of town and it's just ds and me.

I am wearing...my new favorite green knit gown. It's actually a tunic from the sale rack at Target, but it is oh so comfy!

I am creating...a summer weight sleeveless tunic for my next trip. It should be quick and easy, but for some reason I'm feeling nervous about getting started on it.

I am going...to talk about the past today. I'm still spending a lot of time processing the abuse I suffered as a child. I don't know if I'm on track or not, but I do know that it helps to talk (and write).

I am reading...The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

I am hoping...to feel more positively and get more fun things done today.

I am hearing...the TV.

Around the house...ds is still sleeping the sleep of a 17 year old boy/man. The dogs are having their morning naps. I need to finish unpacking from our weekend trip, and the bathroom remodel is taking over the house. Dh says it may be the end of the year before it's complete. Give me patience! Calgon will do me no good as I no longer have a bathtub!

One of my favorite things...well really, several of my favorite things, are dragonflies, fairies and mushrooms. Part of me still lives in a lovely fantasy world. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...make my tunic, finish my summer weight flannel blanket, and do some more beading for my shop (Lucy's Beads and Prayers).

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The lovely river in the Blue Ridge mountains where we spent our weekend.


The Simple Woman's Daybook is hosted this month by A Year from Oak Cottage


1 comment:

  1. Melanie, enjoy enjoy enjoy! When you have free time, enjoy it.

    Those of us who have grown up under the Puritan work ethic seem to feel guilty whenever we're not doing something "useful." I think that's a mistake. JMHO, of course.

    Love, Dot

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.