Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . January 17, 2012

Outside my window . . . cloudy, rainy, and unseasonably warm.

I am thinking . . . about the latest flashback I had a little over a week ago. It answers some long held questions, but also requires me to rethink my position with my extended family.

I am thankful . . . for my dh. I've said it before, and I'll most likely say it many more times. He is my rock. He has helped me through so much. He is a gift from God.

From the learning rooms . . . school is back in swing. Ds had decided to take his work more seriously (his last semester of high school!), so there is more studying going on than usual.

In the kitchen . . . last night I made up a soup recipe after scavenging through the pantry and refrigerator. I'll post it later, but I was pretty happy with it. Spicy!

I am wearing . . . black yoga pants, a tank top, and long-sleeved t-shirt.

I am creating . . . still working on finishing up some projects. I have a hat and a poncho in progress, but all this showed up last week!

I am going . . . . work on a new housekeeping plan (yet again!). I'm still trying to find my groove with this.

I am wondering . . . when dh and I can get away again for some scuba diving.

I am reading . . . Murder in the Marais (Aimee Leduc Investigations #1) 
by Cara Black on my new Kindle Fire.
I am hoping . . . to get the grocery shopping done today, but why does it always rain when I need to shop?

I am looking forward to . . . going back to my local yarn shop this week to get some yarn wound, and visit with Emily -- my favorite yarn lady.

I am hearing . . . ds calling the dogs in from the backyard. Two of the dogs had surgery last week. They look like Franken-dogs!
Around the house . . . the dining table is finally usable again. It seems as if we haven't eaten at the table since before Christmas!

I am pondering . . . . why I can't seem to get back into a good routine for completing my Precepts Bible lessons. I kind of fell off the wagon toward the end of the autumn session. We're just getting started again, so here's hoping I'll do better!

One of my favorite things . . . is soup. I love throwing things in a pot and seeing how it turns out. The only flaw in this plan is that often I can't recreate the mixture a second time.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . yoga, therapy, Bible study, housekeeping, crochet, reading -- all the usual suspects!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

last week I bought myself a miniature rose bush.
 So pretty!


2 comments:

  1. I love soup, too! They are just so versatile. I recently posted a recipe on my blog too: Southwest Chicken Chili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scuba diving trips arranged any time... just let me know... : >
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.