Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . January 31, 2012

Outside my window . . . and back to unseasonably warm weather. Our high is expected to be in the low 60's today. Looks like another good day for a walk!


I am thinking . . . about struggles. 

I am thankful . . . for a really good day yesterday. I had a long stretch from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm where I felt really positive and productive.

From the learning rooms . . . senioritis is setting in around here. I think I may have it worse than ds does.

In the kitchen . . . last night we had "brinner" -- breakfast for dinner, because I didn't realize I was supposed to marinate the chicken I had originally planned!

I am wearing . . . yoga clothes -- black pants, tank top and sweatshirt.

I am creating . . . still working on the baby blanket, but I've started a spring bag in Corntastic yarn.



I am going . . . . to have another play day with my bff. We'll do some straightening, sorting and purging, and then spend the rest of our time crocheting and talking.

I am wondering . . . about the way children grow into adults. How much control do parents really have?

I am reading . . . The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney

I am hoping . . . for less conflict in our home in the coming days.

I am looking forward to . . . my bff coming over today!

I am hearing . . . ds heading out to school and the dogs making their morning racket.


Around the house . . . things are shaping up. I made some progress reorganizing in the kitchen and my office area in the last week.

I am pondering . . . . perception. How can 2 people be present for the same event, and yet have such disparate recollections?

One of my favorite things . . . is orderliness. I love it when my home is neat and orderly, so why did I marry a clutterbug? lol!



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . all the usual stuff plus dh and I are helping with a marriage retreat this weekend.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

boys making pancakes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.