Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

July Joy Dare #1


"Enter the password: 'Thank you!" . . . Thank Him. Worship Him!
--Psalm 100:4
July 1st -- 3 gifts loved
1. experiencing compassion
2. sacrificial love given and received
3. new friends connected
July 2nd -- 3 gifts read
1. Ron Howard once said that Andy [Griffith]was exactly like how he was on TV. Howard would not have turned out as well as he did without being raised by Griffith.

2. "Only Reynie felt unsurprised by Kate's report, 
for he retained the feeling -- 
Mr. Benedict's argument against it -- 
that wickedness was something to be expected."
-- The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey

3. "I never want my kids to think that I’ll stop loving them. 
I never want them to be afraid to tell me anything. 
I try to tell them every day that I love them no matter what."
-- A Deeper Story

July 3rd -- a gift in faith, family, freedom
1. praying at random moments and in random
ways, knowing I will be heard and understood
2. resting my head on my husband's chest
3. talking with others about beliefs

July 4th -- a gift in red, white, and blue
1. the Adirondack chair in my back yard
2. my sweet Yaya
3. blue plastic cups filled with iced tea

July 5th -- 3 gifts of persistence
1. pressing on with growth in marriage
2. exercising and eating well, even 
when the scales don't show it
3. reading and praying and writing

July 6th -- 3 gifts of enthusiasm
1. joy from swimming a mile
2. my husband's excitement over marriage ministry
3. tennis enthusiasm
Federer and Murray = joy

July 7th -- a gift of challenge, conflict, and change
1. recognition of value in my desires
2. my son's growth in conflict
3. improved mood with a change in attitude

July 8th -- 3 gifts in water
1. pouring, soaking rain!!!!
2. cool water to drink in the 
nearly 100 degree heat
3. a dip in the pool for refreshing exercise

July 9th-- a gift in rhythm, rhyme, and reason
1. another year with my son
Happy Birthday!
2. Sam I Am!
my son's favorite book
3. recognition of the man
he is becoming as I continue
to give him back to God

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.