Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Enough

"enough is as good as a feast" -- that's how the saying goes, right?
somewhere along the way I've lost track of this idea.
is it fair to say america has lost track of this idea, too?
having what I need for the day, the moment, is enough.
"give us this day our daily bread" -- that's the prayer, right?
so why am I not satisfied unless I know what we'll be eating for the next week?
why does my son look in the pantry several times a week asking when I'm going back to the grocery?
"enough: occurring in such quantity, quality, or scope as to fully meet demands, needs, or expectations" -- needs yes, but demands?expectations?
demands are not the same as needs.
expectations can get twisted.
I have enough.
help me recognize enough.


linking up at 5 minute friday 

2 comments:

  1. Love this raw honest glimpse into the present reality. Melanie as I glimpsed up and saw your profile, I see you are a survivor of CSA. I am too- Just a side note...following you now and visiting from Gypsy Mama. In His Grace, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for you pain. Thanks for the comment. It's just so TRUE for me! You might like my other post today, Surface People.
      Blessings!

      Delete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.