Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday #27


It's Thankful Thursday, and it's also Colonoscopy Prep Day! Woo-hoo! 
Okay, maybe I'm not that excited, but I am thankful to have good health insurance that allows me to get a check-up and preventative testing like this done. 
I will be drinking disgusting stuff all day and part of tomorrow. Around lunch time tomorrow (while I'm still not eating!) my dear husband will be taking me to the medical center where I will sleep, blissfully unaware, while the doctors and nurses do the procedure. When it's all done and I'm coherent enough, dh will take me home, feed me, and probably laugh at how loopy I am.
All joking aside, I know one young mother who is dying of colon cancer and I have another friend (48) who had surgery earlier this week for Stage 3 colon cancer. He got good news from his pathology reports -- it's only Stage 1.
So today I'm thankful for the opportunity to have this testing done, but I think I'll be more thankful on Saturday.

Blessings!


linking up with Laurie at Women Taking a Stand

1 comment:

  1. I can not tell you how very important early detection is my mom was diagnosed three years ago with colon cancer.., my friends mom was diagnosed at the same time.. my mom is here today due to early detection my friends mom is not as she waited too long.My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! HUgs!!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.