Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 13 of 31

I keep thinking about Lisa-Jo saying write what you know.
But what I know isn't pretty.

What I know is that some people are monsters underneath it all.
Family doesn't always rush to support.
Just because the hurt was a long time ago, doesn't mean it isn't still scary and painful.

But then I stop and consider what else I know. 
I know that my husband will always support me come hell or high water.
I know that he loves me as unconditionally as a person is able.
I know that he believes me when I tell him about the horrors I endured.
I know that he feels my pain as well as he can.

I also know that I have a cadre of friends who support me and love me.
They love my husband and kids as well.
I know that people who know me well have a lot more faith in me than I have in myself.
I know that I trust them, so they must have some reason for that faith.

But the most important thing I know is
Jesus loves me, this I know
for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong.
and I knew that even when I was a little girl going through all the terrible things, because I'd been singing it all my life.



And that's what got me through it all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.