Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9 of 31

Anger is the reaction that we have when we feel we have been treated disrespectfully. It is a natural reaction just like fear, and it is often connected to fear as it serves as a warning signal that we may be in danger.

According to Websters anger is: a strong feeling of displeasure and usually of antagonism

When I think of anger, I think of abuse. The two are totally entwined for me. As a child, I saw the abusers' behavior as anger, not recognizing it for what it was. Abuse.

So I'm looking at anger right now trying to get a grasp on it as an appropriate and acceptable emotion. Trying to recognize the difference in anger and expressions of anger. Anger is not bad, but how we choose to express it may lead to negative, hurtful behavior.

It's syntax, but syntax is important, especially when I'm trying to unlearn and relearn basic life skills and understandings.


linking up with Lisa-Jo and Ann Voskamp

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.