Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Currently.

Reading: According to my Goodreads account, I'm reading 4 books right now. Storm Front (a novel on my Kindle). The Girl with No Shadow (listening to on my iPod). Mom in the Mirror (which requires me to think and answer questions at the end of each chapter). And one thousand gifts (I can't even remember when I started this or how I got bogged down with it.)

Listening to: my yoga station on Pandora because it keeps me calm and motivated while doing housework. But in the car, especially if it's a top down kind of day (the convertible . . . get your mind out of the gutter) it's The Monkees' Greatest Hits cd that stays in my car so I can relive my youth at a moment's notice.


Thinking about: too much! I've got my stuff. My husband's stuff. My daughter's stuff. My son's stuff. Housework. Crafting. Blogging. Vacation plans. Cooking. Entertaining. I tried to explain it to my husband last night. How there's always something to bring on the stress. He just doesn't get it! 

Watching: Psych. I know I'm late to the game, but I just love those boys (listen to me sounding like a little old lady!). I've also been re-watching Life. I think it was criminal that the show got axed. I love those characters. At night the hubs, daughter and I catch an episode of Doctor Who. Yeah I know I'm late on that one too!


Bummed out on: allergy season which is lasting all summer this year. Seriously impeding my pool time. It's hard to get motivated to go swim laps even with the promise of lazing in the sun with a good book afterwards, when you can't breathe and snore all night long, thus being kicked and prodded by your husband who you're keeping awake.

Loving: having SO much conversational time with the whole family. Who knew having both the kids at home this summer would lead to such great conversation! At 23 and 20, I'm guessing this could be our last summer together in the house. So I'm relishing each conversation, especially when there is no arguing involved.

So that's my "Currently" for today. What's your "Currently" looking like?


linking up with Writer's Workshop


6 comments:

  1. I love Psych, but I still haven't watched Dr. Who. And I am now wishing for a convertible! Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for creating lust! LOL! I adore my Fiat 500C. It's red and white with a black interior. I've had it for over a year and I still get stopped and questioned and complimented on it.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I thought that I was a heavy reader but you have me beat with four books!

    I'm glad that you're getting some time with your kids this summer. Treasure it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't seem to be progressing on any of them at any great pace right now. And I checked out 2 more from the library today!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I've always loved The Monkees! My brother had all their albums, and I was in love with Davy when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't everyone have a crush on Davy!?! My aunt (who is only 10 yrs older than me) had all their albums, and pictures of them plastered all over her bedroom walls. She would let me hang out with her friends while they listened to albums and poured over TigerBeat magazine :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.