Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . September 3, 2013

Outside my window . . . the sky is pure blue and the sun is shining. My cherry tree is about half empty of leaves. We had a heavy dew this morning, and are still being inundated with spiders and their webs. Heavy snow for the coming winter? That's what the old wives tale says.

I am thinking . . . about getting into my routine for the week. It seems as if August was total chaos, so I'm looking forward to finding my rhythm again.

I am thankful . . . for a better day yesterday. I wasn't feeling well on Sunday.

In the kitchen . . . I've not been "feeling" it. I just don't want to cook. I think I'm tired of summer eating and ready for pots of soup and chili served with cornbread. But it's still too hot to do that, so I'll try to get motivated this week.

I am wearing . . . a giant black t-shirt that says Raven across the front. I think it's an advertisement for a local business.

I am creating . . . that corner to corner baby blanket. It's coming along nicely. I need to get some more yarn today for it, though.

I am going . . . to run a couple of quick errands this morning, and then bestie LBB is coming over for yoga and sewing.

I am wondering . . . about so many things, it's difficult to pick just one -- Syria, depression, moving toward being empty-nesters.

I am reading . . . Still Life by Louise Penny. I read it when it first came out but never got to follow up with the series. I'm rereading this while I wait for #2 to come to me from the library. 

I am looking forward to . . . routine. I need that rhythm in my life to feel settled and present. I am praying that it returns soon.

I am hearing . . . nothing but the sound of my hands on the keys and the occasional car as people in the neighborhood head out to work and school.

Around the house . . . I found the ping-pong table! That may not sound like much, but it's been covered all summer as we sorted through FIL's stuff.
before
after

I am praying . . . . for several friends struggling with cancer. Two in particular with breast cancer that has now moved into the brain. Also awaiting the births of 2 precious babies this month.

One of my favorite things . . . is my blog, and it has been somewhat neglected over the past few days. I'm hoping to feel more motivated to get back on track and do more writing on abuse and recovery.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . yoga and sewing today. Tomorrow is a morning appointment followed by the grocery shopping. Thursday is Bible study, and Friday I'm meeting a friend at Starbucks. I'm not sure what the weekend will bring.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
a new beading project


for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. I am also ready for soups and chili for dinner tired of the summer meals and trying to find something different to cook.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.