Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Tomato, Kale, and Basil Frittata

This was going to be last Monday's post, but alas my pictures disappeared. So I made the frittata again last night.


I started with this recipe, but of course I had to play with it a bit, and take advantage of what I had on hand.

6 large eggs, beaten well
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
garlic salt
pepper
1 cup chopped kale
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in an oven proof skillet (I use my iron skillet) until the oil shimmers. Blend eggs, 1/2 cup cheese, kale, basil, garlic salt, pepper and pour into hot skillet. Top with tomato slices and remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. DO NOT STIR. Allow eggs to set until they begin to pull away from the sides of the skillet. Transfer the skillet to oven and allow to bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from skillet onto warmed plate and serve hot or at room temperature. Serves 6.


Quick and tasty, and it's easy to substitute with whatever vegetables and cheeses you have on hand. 

Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.