Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . September 17, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's 65 degrees and muggy. I think we may get some rain today, as we have lots of wispy, white clouds in the sky.

I am thinking . . . about the beauty of routine. Dd has established a new morning routine that is working well for her. It's also working well for me because it's allowing me to go back to my morning routine.

I am thankful . . . for people to share with. Working through concerns, issues, and even happiness is so much easier with a cadre of helpers and friends.

In the kitchen . . . things have been a bit haphazard with ds back at school, dh taking night classes 2 nights a week, and dd working until 7 several nights each week. However there have been lovely open-face sandwiches of Laughing Cow cheese, Campari tomatoes, and fresh basil on rosemary olive oil bread. I also roasted some tomatoes and basil for this yummy pasta bowl the other night.


I am wearing . . . my gown that I made from an old sheet. It's just ridiculous how much I love this thing.

I am creating . . . a baby blanket for a friend whose baby is due any day, and restringing a rosary for another friend. I'm thinking about trying my hand at creating one of these that I saw in a recent Isabella catalog.
I am going . . . to stay home as bestie, LBB, is coming over for yoga and crafting. We might run out for more yarn at some point.

I am wondering . . . if anyone ever feels that they have got this living thing figured out? I know every time I start to feel that way, life throws me another curve ball!

I am reading . . . The House on Octavia Street by Jacqueline La Tourrette


I am looking forward to . . . today. My bestie was out of town last week, so it's been 2 weeks since our last craft/grab/yoga fest. I also am looking forward to Saturday, when our whole group will get together for a Fun Girls Day.

I am hearing . . . traffic and the church bells.

Around the house . . . yesterday proved to be a good "catch up" day. Things are looking (and feeling) better. I really need to dust, but it will probably be the end of the week before I get around to that.

I am praying . . . . for several friends awaiting the birth of babies, and several other friends dealing with cancer. Both ends of the spectrum.

One of my favorite things . . . is time alone in my house. I'm used to a fair amount of alone time, and that just happened much lately. Last night I had a lovely stretch of about 4 hours all on my own. It's good for my soul.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a meeting tomorrow morning followed by either a swim or a walk (depends on my mood), and a trip to the grocery store. Then Thursday is Bible study in the morning and yoga in the afternoon. Friday there's another meeting followed by a walk (de-stressing), and then date night with dh. Saturday is Fun Girls' Day. Sunday is worship and a football on TV. (There is a rhythm to my weeks if I just look for it.)

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.