Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . September 10, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's still hot, but beginning to look a bit like autumn. My driveway is covered in tulip poplar leaves and my cherry tree is nearly bare.

I am thinking . . . about my dear bestie, CCD, as today is her birthday. Amazing that we have been friends for 36 years! How time does fly.

I am thankful . . . for some good conversations of late that are helping organize some thoughts in my head. A quote from the Harry Potter series my daughter shared with me in particular --

In the kitchen . . . Sunday night we had a frittata, and last night we black beans and rice, steamed kale, cornbread, sliced apples.


I am wearing . . . one of my favorite gowns. This one is from North Style.

I am creating . . . still working on that afghan for a baby that's due any day now. I've also got to restring a rosary that's not as tight as it needs to be.

I am going . . . nowhere today if I can help it. I love a day where I can stay home all day!

I am wondering . . . if a friend is coming for dinner tonight. And about a lot of other things as well.

I am reading . . . The House on Octavia Street by Jacqueline La Tourrette
I picked it up from the free bin at our local used book store. I started it last night, and it's very intriguing.


I am looking forward to . . . having my anxiety decline. It is always frustrating when I don't know what's driving the anxiety.

I am hearing . . . my phone notifying me of a text message. It may be one of those days, with phone calls and texts.

Around the house . . . things are looking more autumn-ish. I did some decorating last week and continuing to clean and organize this week. Dh sprayed for spiders over the weekend as we seem to have more than usual this fall. The old wives tales would say this is evidence of a bad winter to come.

I am praying . . . . for my friends whose babies are due this month. Also for several people struggling with cancer. It is so sad to watch so many people in pain and know there is so little I can do to help them.

One of my favorite things . . . is a good walk and talk. I had one with the hubs on Saturday, and another yesterday with my daughter. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone as well.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . we are getting a new mattress and box springs set delivered today. A meeting tomorrow, Precepts Bible class on Thursday, a meeting on Friday. Walk and talk on Saturday with the hubs, and worship on Sunday (and NFL football!)

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
a new coloring book for play and relaxation



for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.