Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . September 24, 2013

Outside my window . . . I see blue skies with cotton ball clouds. A heavy dew on the grass, and finches at my bird feeder.

I am thinking . . . about an article I read this morning. It really hit some very important points for me at least.

I am thankful . . . in keeping with the above mentioned article, I am thankful to be alive, living in a house, and having creature comforts like hot tea and wifi, so that I can "talk" with all of you.

In the kitchen . . . last night we had apple chicken sausages, which have become a staple around here for quick, easy, yummy dinner, and broccoli salad. I think Alan could eat his weight in this stuff.


I am wearing . . . pj pants with Japanese lanterns on them. A men's v-neck undershirt, and my FIL's denim shirt. As usual, a fashionista!

I am creating . . . a new autumn shawl for me. Using a pattern I found on Ravelry for a crocheted Danish shawl. Danish shawls are traditionally knitted, so I was very happy to find these instructions. Here's my progress so far --

I am going . . . to my bestie's house today to help reorganize her sewing room. Should be quite a task, but hopefully will look great when we are done.

I am wondering . . . why it is so difficult to help someone you love when they are struggling. That desire to fix everything is strong, and sometimes the answer is just to be there as they work through things.

I am reading . . . The House on Octavia Street by Jacqueline La Tourrette
Almost finished and it's been very good.


I am looking forward to . . . a long weekend with Alan in a couple of weeks, and yoga/mediation retreat after that.

I am hearing . . . a little traffic, the fans whirring, and the dogs doing their after breakfast routine.

Around the house . . . things are fairly straight, but I find myself in desperate need of dusting and mopping. General cleaning has fallen by the wayside of late.

I am praying . . . . for so many things and people -- 3 new babies/mamas, 2 friends with advanced breast cancer which has spread to their brains, an acquaintance facing surgery, 2 friends who recently lost their mothers. And as always my kids as they continue to grow and learn, working their way into adulthood.

One of my favorite things . . . is crocheting for myself. I admit it. I am a greedy crocheter. I usually want to keep everything I make.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . mostly the usual stuff. A couple of meetings, some exercise, helping LBB today, shopping, cooking, cleaning, crochet. 

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

a recent goodie I sent to my son's girlfriend


for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.