Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- April 26th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . . . it is raining -- again. After the flooding here last May, the amount of rain and storms we've gotten this April is making us all a little uneasy. Praying for safety for all today.

I am thinking . . . about a day at home. Things I need to do and things I just want to do.

I am thankful for . . . a better day than expected yesterday.

From the learning rooms . . . ds got to visit a hospital yesterday for his anatomy and physiology class. They toured the ER, the labs, and the imaging department.

From the kitchen . . . double duty on Sunday! Dinner (lunch) was traditional Easter fare for us: sliced ham, potato salad, rolls, green bean casserole, and carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Supper wound up being another whole meal with unexpected guests: oven fried tilapia, potato salad (leftover from lunch), steamed broccoli with butter and garlic, baby carrots, and the rest of the cake. Monday was clean out the fridge night!

I am wearing . . . pj pants, tank top and a big chambray shirt

I am creating . . . still crocheting -- the shawl and the amigurumi.

I am going . . . to attempt to stay up to date on this study of Esther! Wish me luck! 

I am reading . . . To Darkness into Death by Julia Spencer-Fleming. I really love this series, but I have to tell you I'm just not feeling this one.

I am hoping . . . to keep the positive momentum going around here.

I am hearing . . . light rain and not much else. Shouldn't I hear ds in the shower by now?

Around the house . . . dh bought all the wood this weekend to complete the cabinet for the bathroom renovation. Once that's done, just a few more odds and ends and we can call it a complete remodel!

One of my favorite things . . . is having everyone at home and happy in the evenings.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . mostly just the usual. Film Noir class is over and I only missed one movie, but it was a true classic -- Sunset Boulevard. I'm hoping to watch it on Netflix later this week.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .

These precious little girls were at the Celebration Walk on Saturday.
Unbelievably adorable!


1 comment:

  1. I pray you do not have any flooding...
    I am thinking about the same thing..I think what I want to do is winning...
    We have Ham, Baked Beans, Potato Salad and Slaw for Easter if we don't go out...Tilapia is a favorite of ours...
    I did a study of Esther by Beth Moore...
    I hope you have a great week...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.