Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday -- April 14, 2011


Good Morning!

It's another Thankful Thursday here at M&M and I'm feeling good.

This morning I find myself thankful for many things:

1. A better mood! Things are looking up as I continue to slay dragons that try to steal my joy.

2. Some good realizations in the past few days: I am worth taking care of. I can make positive changes. I am not alone in my struggles. Others have walked this path, dealt with the same feelings, and survived to blossom and grow.

3. My besties who came to my house on Tuesday and helped me sort through 2 filing cabinets full of junk, memories, journals, and papers. We laughed, we talked, I had a little panic and shaky hands, we ate (Chocolate Torte oh my!), and we worked on my blog sites (thanks, KFH!). How can life look anything but promising with such friends.

4. A really good and helpful book I am reading. Resurrection After Rape by Matt Atkinson. Really good explanations and thought provoking assignments.

5. I'm heading back to Bible study this morning after too long a hiatus. It wasn't intentional. Things just spun out of control for a few weeks, but I'm looking forward to seeing all the Precept ladies this morning.

I hope your Thursday is full of gratitude and blessings! 


For more Thankful Thursday posts click here Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

5 comments:

  1. Melanie, so glad your feeling good and you have a great list of things to be thankful for.

    Blessings to you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your transparency! What you shared and how you shared it is an encouragement to all who read ~ me included.
    Have a blessed day!
    Stefanie

    Visiting from TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the sun is shining a little brighter these days in your neck of the woods! So glad to hear you're experiencing more joy and that you're surrounded and loved by amazing friends!! (Helping you sort through two filing cabinets.... wow, now THAT'S a sign of TRUE FRIENDSHIP!)

    I hope you have a wonderful day and that your days continue to brighten in the Son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're doing so well today! Sounds like you've been taking care of lots of things in your life. I'm visit from the Thankful Thursday link and it's encouraging to read everyone's posts. This is my first time joining the fun, but I hope it won't be last. Great post!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are feeling the sun(Son)shine today. I liked what you said about slaying the dragons that steal our joy.

    Thanks for stopping by Reflections today.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.