Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Reading List for 2011

Let me start by saying, 2011 will not go down in history as one of my better reading years. I don't know what it was. My selection wasn't broad enough. My concentration was way off. I started A LOT of books that I never finished, some because they were just not good, while others I just couldn't stay interested in. And I started crocheting again. It's really not possible (for me) to crochet and read simultaneously. So anyway, for good or ill, here's my list. (Titles marked with * are books I did not complete).

The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming 
by Joshilyn Jackson

Privileged Information by Stephen White

In the Bleak Midwinter by Julia Spencer-Fleming

My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares*

New York Dead by Stuart Woods

A Fountain Filled with Blood 
by Julia Spencer-Fleming

Private Practices by Stephen White

Out of the Deep I Cry by Julia Spencer-Fleming

A Dark-Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine 
(Ruth Rendell)

All Mortal Flesh by Julia Spencer-Fleming

Harm's Way by Stephen White

I, Coriander by Sally Gardner

Remote Control by Stephen White

Denial: A Memoir of Terror by Jessica Stern

I Shall Not Want by Julia Spencer-Fleming

dingley falls by Michael Malone*

Cloud Tea Monkeys by Mal Peet

Still Life by Louise Penny

Manner of Death by Stephen White

The School of Essential Ingredients 
by Erica Bauermeister*

Wicked by Gregory Maguire*
(not because it's not good,
but I'd already read it)

On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft 
by Stephen King*
(because I'm savoring it!)

The Whole Five Feet by Christopher R. Beha*
(I got side tracked from this one. Hoping
to get back to it soon)

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

My Name Is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira
(currently reading on my new Kindle Fire)

Favorite Fiction: Still Life
Favorite Non-Fiction: Denial
Favorite Children's: Cloud Tea Monkeys

So how was your reading year? Did you find something wonderful (share please!)? Did you find something horrible (please, please share!)? And what about The Hunger Games? Inquiring minds want to know.

1 comment:

  1. I love your list, I especially like it that we are both reading our way through the Claire Ferguson books.

    I loved The Hunger Games trilogy. They are dark, but our world is pretty dark sometimes. I am cautiously optimistic that they will get it right in the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.