Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This month we move Thankful Thursday to Grace Alone. It's an interesting combination -- thankfulness and grace.

Thankfulness is defined as: conscious of benefit received; expressive of thanks; well pleased.

Grace is defined as: unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification.

Big words!

I need a lot of grace this week. So I am hugely thankful that God is providing it.

Abuse does bizarre things to people. It warps my view of myself. That's one place God's grace comes in -- He gives me a mirror to view myself as He sees me. 

He doesn't see the damaged, terrified, worthless person that I see when I look in my mirror. He sees His child, who has been hurt. A child He wants to comfort and nurture. A child who is not a victim, but a survivor. His child for whom He wants the best.

Today I am thankful for God's grace.

find more Thankful Thursday at Grace Alone

2 comments:

  1. Bless you dear one. You are a beautiful, very worthy, daughter of the King. That makes you a princess. Grace is a priceless gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing those definitions! They are very powerful and often overlooked!

    Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.