Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday


It is the Thursday before Christmas. I feel as if I should have something deeply profound to write and share. I don't.

It seems redundant to speak of my gratitude for the gift of God's Son. I am not limited to that gratitude at only this season. In truth, I was raised in one of those households that strove to keep Christ out of the season, because-no-one-knows-the-actual-date-of-His-birth-and-maybe-God-wanted-it-that-way-so-we-wouldn't-get-caught-up-in-celebrating-one-specific-day.

I get tired of the posturing that takes place at Christmas. Tired of the people who are offended by X-mas and reindeer.

So maybe this doesn't sound like a Thankful Thursday post, but I am thankful for

-- any opportunity the whole world takes to focus on peace and love and goodwill toward all.

-- time spent with people I truly love and who truly love me, warts and all.

-- beautiful music, whether sacred or secular, that lifts my spirit and makes me smile with pure joy.

-- pretty lights (not gaudy displays) and delicious foods made (hopefully) with love and just for the joy of it.

So here's my gift for you all this Thankful Thursday before Christmas. Merry Christmas!


find more Thankful Thursday at Grace Alone



2 comments:

  1. Great song! I've heard that surprising duo before... Wonderful! I have come to the point that I just ignore the naysayers. I just smile and say MERRY CHRISTMAS! Ha!

    Have a great one! A song you might enjoy! http://thisismyjam.com/MsKathleen

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.