Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . December 20, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is gray and cloudy. We are supposed to be in the 60's today with rain. Merry Christmas?

I am thinking . . . that Christmas is upon us, and I'm not done shopping!

I am thankful . . . for my wonderful week in Cozumel last week. It was so incredibly beautiful, fun and relaxing.

From the learning rooms . . . Christmas Break!

In the kitchen . . . Cranberry Orange Bread, Pumpkin Bread and Pomegranate White Chocolate Chip Cookies. YUM!

I am wearing . . . black yoga pants and my run for Mercy t-shirt.

I am creating . . . nothing specific right now, as all projects are on hold until I get finished with Christmas baking, wrapping, buying, etc.

I am going . . . . to yoga, shopping and then lunch with my dd.

I am wondering . . . about child rearing. I know I did some things right, but looking back, I see so much I could have done better! 

I am reading . . . 
On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness: Adventure Peril, Lost Jewels, and the Fearsome Toothy Cows of Skree (The Wingfeather Saga) by Andrew Peterson. After finishing Life of Pi I needed something lighter!
I am hoping . . . to finish my shopping today, so I can stay home the rest of the week, cleaning, wrapping and baking.

I am looking forward to . . . spending time with family over the weekend. We aren't traveling, so it should be fairly easy and calm.

I am hearing . . . nothing but the hum of electronics, and the occasional comment from dd.

Around the house . . . things are still a bit messy from our trip and Christmas preparations, but I think we'll have most things ship shape by the weekend.

I am pondering . . . . either not very much or too much to post here. I'm not sure which!

One of my favorite things . . . is tea. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This season I've been enjoying Comfort and Joy tea from The Republic of Tea.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . finish the shopping; more baking; lots of package wrapping; and lots of fun!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

New scuba diving friends!

1 comment:

  1. nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.