Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . December 13, 2011

Outside my window . . . is the Caribbean Sea. So incredibly blue!

I am thinking . . . that a vacation just before Christmas is a very good idea.

I am thankful . . . for my dh who planned and executed our wonderful vacation. He is always helping me find ways to enjoy life more.

From the learning rooms . . . it’s exam time dd and ds. I pray that they are doing well.

In the kitchen . . . I’m on vacation from cooking, but not from delicious food!

I am wearing . . . yoga pants and an Old Navy t-shirt.

I am creating . . . a new shawl from Interweave Crochet. I had to have something to work on that wouldn't take up much space on the trip.

I am going . . . . for my final 2 dives today. Once these 2  are done I will be a certified scuba diver! Who would have ever thought I would do such a thing!?!

I am wondering . . . how I will do on the boat in between dives. The dives are fun for the most part, except for a little test anxiety regarding the skills I have to complete. The boat trip is another issue. I tend to get seasick, so I’m hoping that Dramamine kicks in and works well.

I am reading . . .
Life of Pi again. I needed to limit myself to one book for this trip, and I thought enforced reading might help me finish if. I did not enjoy the last few chapters as they were far too gruesome in describing the death of animals. Eeeeew!

I am hoping . . . to complete these 2 dives with ease, so that the remainder of the dives will just be fun.

I am looking forward to . . . more fun dives with dh and some snorkeling. We may even squeeze in a visit to San Gervasio:
San Gervasio was a site dedicated to the Mayan goddess Ixchel ("She of the Rainbows"), deity of midwifery, fertility, medicine and weaving. Many women from the mainland Mayan settlements made the pilgrimage here to Ixchel´s shrine at some point in their lifetime.

I am hearing . . . the surf on the shore and people moving about getting ready for early morning dives.

Around the house . . . really just a room that someone else is cleaning for me!

I am pondering . . . . the benefits of rest and relaxation.

One of my favorite things . . . is spending time in new locals with my dh. He has broadened my world SO much in the past 26 years.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . more diving, Mayan ruins, good food, rest and relaxation.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 


1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.