Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . August 20, 2013

Outside my window . . . I'm back in Nashville. It's overcast and muggy this morning. We may get some rain later today, but that's okay because I have nowhere to go :)

I am thinking . . . that it's always good to get back home from vacation, but there's always so much to do! The airlines lost our luggage, so I'm just getting started on soggy, sandy dirty clothes today.

I am thankful . . . that all went well here at home while we were gone, and we had a good trip and safe (albeit mildly stressful) travels.

In the kitchen . . . last night was grilled sausages, cheesy grits, and a romaine/raisin/almond salad.

I am wearing . . . yoga pants, a big t-shirt from Gulf Shores, AL, and my kids' fake crocs. Ever the stylish individual!

I am creating . . . I'm not even sure! I took yarn to Cozumel but the lighting was bad in our room and it was far too muggy to crochet outside, so I really haven't done anything in over a week. I'm hoping to get back to my half granny square shawl, but I also need to do a baby afghan for a friend.

I am going . . . to stay home and do laundry and "create" with my bestie, Linda today.

I am wondering . . . about the anxiety I've wakened with the past two mornings. I'm not sure what's driving that.

I am reading . . .  re-reading Outer Banks by Anne Rivers Siddon. Well, I was going to finish this in Cozumel, but it was more depressing than I had remembered. Instead I read
Tilt a Whirl and Mad Mouse by Chris Grabenstein. And then I started the third one in the series, Whack a Mole. I'm also reading Overcoming Trauma through Yoga: Reclaiming Your Body which is quite interesting.

I am looking forward to . . . a quick trip to Knoxville with Alan for business this weekend.

I am hearing . . . the washing machine working away at erasing the odor of 2 day old damp clothing.

Around the house . . . dd did a great job of keeping things neat and orderly while we were gone. It was just lovely to come to things picked up, clean, and vacuumed.

I am praying . . . . for the family of friend who died suddenly at 52 last week. It was probably a heart attack or stroke, but so shocking. I think it's been made worse for me because I was out of the country and unable to attend the visitation or funeral.

One of my favorite things . . . is sitting around talking with my husband and kids. We arrived home around 9 Sunday night, so it was last night before we all got a chance to catch up together. We sat talking and laughing about all kinds of random things for nearly 4 hours. It was lovely!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . creating with Linda today, a meeting tomorrow, Precepts Bible class on Thursday, ds returns to college on Friday (and it's our 28th wedding anniversary), and Sunday dh and I head west to Knoxville for a quick business trip. Whew! The fun just never ends :)

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.