Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Laundry

Yesterday was laundry day, and I just didn't feel it. That's not a very good reason for skipping an assigned task. The hubs and I have been talking a lot lately about what the next phase of our life is going to look like. We've got one kid done with college and another well engrossed in it. I've been a stay at home mom for most of 23 years, and now I'm a stay at home mom with no kids at home. Hmmm. . . .

Truth be told, I'm enjoying this time of my life. My schedule is mine to make and keep with few interruptions or must dos. I do the laundry, grocery shopping, cook meals, pack my husband's lunch, do a little housework, and use the remainder of my time to try out new things, do some crafting, yoga, walking, writing, errands, Bible study, reading, and helping others. 

So I'm looking at laundry to do on a Friday, and wondering about going back out into the workplace. And I'm scared, because I know how to do laundry, but I'm pretty sure no one's going to pay in the range I'd like for a full-time laundress. 


linking up with Five Minute Friday



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. I understand because I too am home in a quiet house with my hubby. I don't have the laundry or house work...etc. I use to have....Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a SAHM and I love it. None of my 3 boys are out of the house yet, but I know they will be before I can count to 20! I've had thoughts of going back to work even now because they are all in school. But I don't like the idea of it. I feel capable and content at home. And there is nothing wrong with that. There is everything RIGHT with that. Peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree with this! I don't think there's anything "wrong" with me doing what I'm doing now. Just considering options.

      Delete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.