Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . October 8, 2013

Outside my window . . . . we went down into the 40s last night. Today's high is predicted for the mid-70s, but with a strong northerly wind. Autumn :)

I am thinking . . . about the trip Alan and I returned from yesterday. We had a lovely time staying at the Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg, KY. I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in that area.

I am thankful . . . to be home and resting. Also I am thankful that things seem a bit calmer this week than last week.

In the kitchen . . . leftovers last night (pork roast, polenta, cabbage salad, and asparagus). Tonight is probably going to be some grilled chicken with roasted tomatoes and basil. Not sure what else beyond that.

I am wearing . . . brown straight leg pants, a white t-shirt, denim jacket, and a scarf. And my new fun shoes --

I am creating . . . two different shawls. The Danish shawl I showed you last week, 

and I'm having to do a bit of reworking on a shawl I started earlier in the summer. 

I didn't have enough yarn on hand to complete, and when I went to get more, I learned that it had been discontinued. So I'm trying to complete the pattern with 2 coordinating yarns that I found. We shall see.

I am going . . . with my husband to court this morning. Nothing major, but I'm serving as chauffeur and moral support.

I am wondering . . . how to find time for all the reading I want to do! I am often torn between my love of reading and my love of crocheting.

I am reading . . . Daring Greatly on the recommendation of a friend. I gave in and bought the hard copy because I just couldn't bear not being able to underline things. I also picked up a few books on vacation (as usual). I started reading A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle while waiting for my copy of Daring Greatly to arrive. It's been on my to read list for quite sometime.

I am looking forward to . . . another weekend getaway. This time I'll be on my own at a meditation and yoga retreat through Dovehouse Ministries.

I am hearing . . . the tea pot heating.

Around the house . . . we are awaiting the delivery of a new mattress and box springs. You may recall we bought a new set about a month ago, and it has been a nightmare of discomfort for me. They are taking that one away this morning, and a new queen size set will be delivered this evening. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one works out better for both of us.

I am praying . . . for a child who lost her parents over the weekend in an accident. She was adopted by a family here in the states and now faces being orphaned a 2nd time. So incredibly sad.

One of my favorite things . . . is driving my convertible with the top down. We had lots of opportunity to drive around in Kentucky this past weekend taking in the autumn weather, and it was just lovely.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . helping the hubs today, a meeting later in the afternoon, another meeting on Wednesday, some exercise, Bible class on Thursday, and then heading out for a quiet, thought provoking weekend.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
Alan in his favorite environment --
taking photos :)





for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.