Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . February 18, 2014

Outside my window . . . it's sunny and cool this morning, but they say we'll hit the mid-60s this afternoon. Whoo-hoo!

I am thinking . . . about a survivor story I heard over the weekend. So much pain and disbelief. This one may be going to trial, so I am praying for a good outcome to aid in healing.

I am thankful . . . for a good night's sleep. I've been having some difficulty in that area so it's a real blessing to sleep well.

In the kitchen . . . Sunday night was Chicken in the Jug, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, steamed broccoli, and rolls. Last night was 4 Bean Enchiladas. I'm still up in the are for tonight, but if the weather is as nice as predicted we might do a big salad with leftover chicken on it.

I am wearing . . . Guess? You're right! Flannel robe and slippers.

I am creating . . . burp cloths and a baby afghan.

I am going . . . to therapy today. Change in plans has moved it to Tuesdays for a bit. This could confuse my whole week!

I am wondering . . . How I missed teaching kindness to my kids. I know I didn't miss it completely, but within our immediate family I sometimes see a lack of compassion and mercy.

I am reading . . . The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzsch. About 45% done, but it's become one of those books I want to finish just so I'll know the conclusion. Not really enjoying it much.

I am looking forward to . . . not much right now, and that is never a good thing.

I am hearing . . . the washer and the dryer, and dogs clicking around the hardwood floors. Gotta trim their nails.

Around the house . . . dh asked me about how I mop the den floor. I guess it is looking a little "doggie printed". Time to pull out the special cleaner and a rag and get down on my hands and knees. Ugh!

I am praying . . . for a new baby girl born yesterday to friends of mine. This past Sunday was Baby Dedication Day at church. New life as we head into springtime. 

One of my favorite things . . . making people smile. 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . maybe a mani/pedi since I'm starting to look like a yeti. Yoga and housework. Tea with my mother at the end of the week, and LBB is coming on Friday this week to craft, talk, organize, and yoga. Not sure what the weekend will be bring, but maybe a trip to the aquarium in Chattanooga.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
chocolate raspberry cake from The Fresh Market


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.