Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Brave

Courage is fear that has said it's prayers.

I've heard it time and time again. You are so brave to tell your story.

I don't feel brave. Most of the time I feel afraid. Even after I tell it. Afraid that this will be the time -- the telling -- that does me in -- that brings disaster on my head.

I tell my story because I have to tell it. I need to tell it.

I tell it to help others. I tell it to make sure I don't fall back into the world of denial. I tell it to remind myself of what I've survived.

Brave leaves me with a picture of a soldier going into battle, and I certainly don't feel like a soldier.

Courage is "mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty". I might be able to apply courage. 

But, brave and courage are synonyms, so I guess I'm stuck with both of them.

linking up with five minute friday




3 comments:

  1. Those who help others by being vulnerable and telling their story to shine the light on hope at courageous. {{Applause}}
    Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unafraid to tell is brave. So glad I stopped by today. Keep on being brave, strong and courageous! Sharing adds numbers and there is strength in numbers.
    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Melanie
    Yes, dear one, it takes tons and tons of courage and bravery to overcome those ugly things. You are a brave lady, dear friend. The way that you trust your Pappa to heal all those hurt memories, is amazing.
    Blessings fromFMF
    MIA

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.