Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

View


From here, the view, is sunny with white fluffy clouds. There is hope in the air, and a promise of the future.

Before -- back there -- the view was stilted. It was hopeless, clouded, and dismal.

The change in the view came from within. I expected the change to come from others around me, and circumstances shifting to improve the view. What I didn't know is that what I view is colored by how I view. 

Then I was looking at everyone and everything through the dirty, smudged glasses of lies, threats, and fear. Now I'm learning to look at the world through cleaned up glasses that show truth, reality, and hope. It's a process, and I'm not there yet, but maybe being "there" isn't the point.

The abuse laid a filter over of my view. It filtered out some of the good, and eventually, most of the good. I could only see the bad in myself, and when that's all you see it's a dark world you live in.

It's taken a lot of time, work, and effort, but that filter is thinning. I see a lot more good in myself, which makes the world look a lot better.

I'm enjoying the view from here.

linking up with Five Minute Friday


3 comments:

  1. So glad you are enjoying the view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Melanie
    I think this journey will only be finished when we are with our Lord Jesus in heaven! In the meantime we are all on that journey. Just keep on keeping on for His grace is always enough.
    Happy FMF
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Melanie. I found this post from Write On Edge.

    "What I didn't know is that what I view is colored by how I view."I loved reading this. I'm trying to figure out now how I color my own views.

    Your newest follower,

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.