Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Holding Hands

Sometimes I wake up with a song in my heart and on my lips. I usually feel it as a gift from God. Some message that He wants me to have for the day. It's a blessing -- a bliss.

I don't get a song/message every day, and I don't believe that means God doesn't have a word for me every day. Some days are songs. Some are scriptures. Sometimes it's a blog post, or a comment on Facebook. I admit to liking the songs best, though. I find myself humming them all day long. It makes me think of walking through my day holding God's hand.

And then I remember -- I'm the one who lets go. He never lets go of my hand, but I let go of His. I don't know why -- I get busy or restless. I forget He's there. I think I'm all on my own. 

Maybe that's when He gives me that extra push with a song. To wake me up, and remind me that He's holding out His hand to me. And everything is better when I put my hand back in His, and listen to His song.






linking up with Five Minute Friday


3 comments:

  1. The other day I woke up to "Good to Be Alive" by Jason Gray. Sometimes I forget how good I have it and it's nice to be given such a happy reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through Lisa Jo's link up, and I'm glad I did. I love the tenderness and intimacy of God giving you a hope for the day. So sweet

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.