Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . May 14, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's sunny and pleasantly warm. A true spring day.

I am thinking . . . that sinus infections should be outlawed. 

I am thankful . . . for time to take care of things around my own house. I spent yesterday cleaning and catching up on laundry. Today has been catching up on phone calls, emails, and handling text messages.

In the kitchen . . . last night was roasted chicken, pinto beans, and spring greens with cucumbers. Tonight depends on what's in the freezer.

I am wearing . . . denim capris, a summer tank top, crocs, and a sweat jacket because it's not as warm as I thought.

I am creating . . . a pillow for my front porch made from scraps of cotton yarn I have left over from previous projects using this pattern.

I am going . . . to keep working on putting things back together in my house. It's such a good feeling when I have the time and energy to nest in my little home.

I am wondering . . . about this quote:
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just ordinary people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise…life is like an old-time rail journey – delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is the thank the Lord for letting you have the ride… "
Gordon B. Hinckley

I am reading . . . Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey. Very dark!

I am looking forward to . . . the upcoming summer and opening of the pool at the YMCA. I do love getting my swim in and then lounging in the sun with a good book and a cold drink.

I am hearing . . .  the tv as I type after lunch today.

Around the house . . . the clutter is diminishing . . . slowly.

I am pondering . . . the state of the Union. If I think about it too much my head may explode!

One of my favorite things . . . is striking order. I've said it many times before, but in the deepest places in my heart I love organizing.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a meeting tomorrow followed, I hope, by the long awaited haircut and possibly a pedicure! Thursday is lunch with friends and a meeting called Women's Mental Health:Navigating Emotional Wellness. Then Friday I'll probably be back at my FIL's house, and Saturday I'm attending a Quiet Day of prayer hosted by Dovehouse Ministries.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
half of the front of the new porch pillow



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.