Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . May 28, 2013

Outside my window . . . it's summer and 73 degrees. I need to sweep my front porch, but dh mowed this weekend, so if the pollen's not too bad I may get to enjoy the porch for awhile today.

I am thinking . . . that things are beginning to "normalize" around here. Not that "normal" occurs in my house. Maybe "stabilize" is better word choice.

I am thankful . . . for the first swim of the season yesterday.

In the kitchen . . . burgers yesterday (of course), but tonight is Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Tomato Basil Polenta, and Strawberry Spinach salad.

I am wearing . . . yoga clothes, as I'm hoping to get a relaxation yoga cd in this morning.

I am creating . . . order in my yarn area. It's gotten all jumbled, so I started pulling it all out and sorting it yesterday. I hope to complete the organization today.

I am going . . . to stay home and do "homey" things all day long.

I am wondering . . . about this article that I read yesterday -- 9 Habits of Super Positive People. I think I may post part of it on my refrigerator.

I am reading . . . Mom in the Mirror by Dena Cabrera and Emily Weirenga. Excellent so far. I highly recommend it. And I'm also starting the Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell. It is the first book in the series that the BBC TV show, Wallander, is based on.

I am looking forward to . . . a productive day of organizing and playing with yarn.

I am hearing . . .  birds chirping and the dogs running around.

Around the house . . . dh and I made serious headway on the ping pong table yesterday. We had been letting things accumulate there, so we tackled it yesterday morning.

I am praying . . . for so many people! I have several friends who are pregnant, so I'm praying for them. Also a friend of a friend who had a heart attack yesterday.

One of my favorite things . . . is listening to music. Somehow that got lost over the years of kids' music and TV and chattering children. I've been using Pandora quite a bit lately, and it's reminded me of older music I really enjoy.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a meeting tomorrow, and then the rest of the week looks pretty clear. I need to make another trip to my FIL's house, and a trip to McKay to sell some more used books, music, and movies. Friday night dh and I have tickets to the Sounds baseball game (our local minor league team).

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
let the sorting begin!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.