Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

The Scrappy Cotton Pillow


Just finished this fun little project last week. I found the pattern here. I used a selection of leftover cotton yarn. Most of it was variegated Sugar 'n Cream colors. I didn't really follow a pattern, just tried to distribute the colors around. It's supposed to be square, but I was never very good at geometry!

I didn't do the reverse single crochet edging, as I had never done that stitch before and didn't like how unevenly it worked up. I substituted a row of double crochet instead. I also wound up using a 16 x 16 pillow form. If I make another one, I'll measure more precisely, and maybe create a button flap so I can take the cover off of the pillow form to change it out.




All in all, though, I'm really happy with it. And I got it completed to use on my porch for the summer.

linking up with Made by You Monday



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.