Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Comfort

The Republic of Tea makes a tea blend called "Comfort and Joy". I love this tea for the flavor and the name. Unfortunately it is only available at the holidays. Yes -- it tastes a lot like Christmas, but I like the idea comfort and joy in a cup all year long.

Webster's defines comfort as -- to give strength and hope to; to ease the grief or trouble of.

The word itself even sounds comforting. I think of comforters -- big, fluffy blankets to curl up in or under. Rest, peace, comfort.

And then I remember the Comforter. The one Jesus promised to send to his apostles. The one He sends to us. (John 14:26 KJV). And I realize I am promised and provided with the peace of God brought by His own Comforter. 

I am comforted.


linking up with five minute friday



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I was so moved! Also, tea is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Melanie
    I am not a big tea drinker, but I just love coffee. In South Africa we call coffee "boeretroos". Roughly translated it means "comfort for a farmer". Just like your tea, a cup of coffee with hot milk has that magic qualities of comfort!!
    Blessings
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.