Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Imagine

To think or form a mental picture of; conjecture

But that doesn't really capture it. Imagine conjures up so much more. Hope. Options. Possibilities. The future.

I imagined what my marriage would be like. What my children would look like, and who they would grow up to become.

I imagined my life -- the day to day and the exciting, memorable moments -- and on the whole I got them all wrong.

It's not a question of better or worse, it's just that without the experiences, I can't imagine reality.

And maybe that's the way it is with heaven. I try to imagine it -- streets paved with gold, no tears or sorrow, singing praise all the time -- it's not a question of better or worse (can there be a "worse" with heaven?), it's just that I can't imagine something so foreign to what I am experiencing now.

But here's what I know. It will be amazing and beyond anyone's imagination. It will be God's imaginings, and I do have experience with those through His creation and His gift of His son. It will be so much better than I can imagine.


linking up with Five Minute Friday


1 comment:

  1. We both wrote about that glorious day we are with Him. What day to rejoice when all evil and sorrow and pain are wiped away. Blessings to you for bringing this post to FMF. - Heather @40YearWanderer.com

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.