Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY . . . March 6, 2012

Outside my window . . . sunny, cold. The bird bath is frozen, but there is hope for warmth later in the day.


I am thinking . . . that I am 50 years old today. How did that happen?


I am thankful . . . for my husband who continues to walk with me, and my best friend, Linda, who is my soul sister.

In the kitchen . . . no cooking today, since it's my birthday, but last night we had Chicken in the Jug, baked sweet potatoes, and blueberry muffins.

I am wearing . . . the usual -- red plaid flannel robe and my red and gray slippers.

I am creating . . . baby blankets! I have 5 baby blankets to complete by the end of June, but yesterday I spent my craft time working on quilting the lap quilt I started 2 years ago just before the flood hit Nashville.



I am going . . . . to get a mani/pedi, and then have lunch with the Besties.

I am wondering . . . about truth telling and sharing the bad stuff. Telling is the key to healing from abuse, but there is a lot of fear in telling, even after all these years.


I am reading . . . The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney. It's an interesting, if somewhat fluffy, read. I'm also reading Ezra for Bible study, Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon, and Lenten devotionals on YouVersion.
I am hoping . . . to sleep better tonight. Allergy season seems to bother me most in my sleeping. I may try one of those Breathe Right strips tonight.

I am looking forward to . . . my day of birthday fun and weekend dinner with my dh and friends on Saturday night.

I am hearing . . . the teapot coming to a boil in time for my second cup of tea.


Around the house . . . I'm finding my way.

I am pondering . . . the idea that love must be offered in a way that the receiver can accept and understand. That means the givers must adjust, sometimes, their method of showing love to accommodate the receiver's needs.

One of my favorite things . . . fresh, hot biscuits. That's what I'm having for my birthday breakfast.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . as much fun as possible today, Bible class on Thursday, date night on Friday, fun celebrating on Saturday. This week is all about ME!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
birthday breakfast!



3 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday! It's my birthday too. I hope your day is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, happy, happy birthday! I'll be 20 years older than you in May and I don't know how it happened either!!! And I certainly don't know who that woman is that's in the mirror!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday hope you enjoyed the biscuits.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.