Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday #10


"I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude 
for all that God has given me . . . "
Romans 12:3a

"And cultivate thankfulness . . . "
Colossians 3:15b
   Deep gratitude that has led me to cultivate thankfulness. That is where I come to you from today. 
   Tuesday was my 50th birthday. As I told a friend, it's very hard to think of myself as 50, when in my head I'm still 28. I don't know why, but I quit aging at 28.
   But I didn't really, and I am so grateful, because of all that I have experienced and learned in those years! Some of the lessons have painful and hard, and others have been exhilarating and joyous. I would not trade any of them, because each has brought me closer to God. 
   This Thankful Thursday finds me reveling in appreciation, gratitude, and thankfulness for all the people God has brought into my life to teach me about Him. Gratitude for all the people who took time on Tuesday (and other days) to message, call, text, write, or see me, and bless me by sharing their appreciation of me. 
   In my gratitude, I want to share 3 scriptures that have become my guiding lights over the years. I can explain why each one means so much to me, but I would rather let you listen and find what God wants you to garner from His word.

“See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."
Matthew 18:10

"Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else . . ."
Galatians 6:4

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."
I Peter 5:6
Blessings!

link up at Women Taking a Stand

3 comments:

  1. Precious birthday blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday...I am just around the corner of 50 and what I have decided is that I'm not getting older, just wiser. ha ha Thank you for sharing your grateful heart over at TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I'm much like you -- my brain will never catch up with my actual age... THANKFULLY! Beautiful scriptures... God Bless you :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.